Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
For this week’s Tuesday, we’re listing the new authors we came across in 2013. Here are mine:
- Kai Meyer. As I don’t speak German in any way, I think it’s understandable that I never heard of Kai Meyer before this year. But his Arcadia series – and several other books – have been translated into English, and I absolutely LOVE Arcadia.
- Kerstin Gier. I seem to be doing a lot of this German-translated reading these days haha. But Kerstin Gier’s another bestselling German author, and I’m glad I heard about her books. I heard her new series is coming out sometime soon in English, and I can’t wait to check it out!
- Sarah J Maas. I loved Throne of Glass, and I still have to get around to Crown of Midnight – but I love Sarah J Maas’s writing!
Also can we talk about how drop-dead gorgeous she is.
- Sarah Dessen. I know, it’s ridiculous that I never heard of her before this year. I was never really into contemporary before, but reading Sarah Dessen changed that for me.
- Lisa Mantchev. I feel like I’m the only person I know who’s read the Théâtre Illuminata series, which is so unfortunate because I really need to talk about those books with someone. The story captivated me from the start!
- Marissa Meyer. Not only is Marissa Meyer a constant inspiration since Cinder was a NaNoWriMo novel, but I lovelovelove her writing.
- Jennifer E. Smith. Gosh, her books are adorable. They’re perfect for when I need to curl up and just read something happy.
- Jay Asher. Thirteen Reasons Why was wonderful. Brilliant. All the positive adjectives!
- Rainbow Rowell. I still have to get around to reading Eleanor & Park, but I could really relate to Fangirl – no surprise there, huh?
- Catherynne M. Valente. Now here’s someone who writes like magic. Deathless left me speechless.
Which authors have you stumbled upon this year?