Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s Top Ten is the best books I read this year. And that’s probably the hardest list for me to write, haha. I read so many great books this year, but these are some of my favourites.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. Chapter 51. CHAPTER 51!!!
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. I love every single character in that book – Sarah Rees Brennan writes so wonderfully, and I was laughing all the way. And crying. Also crying. Because it’s SRB.
- United We Spy by Ally Carter. A perfect conclusion to the Gallagher Girls series. I’ll miss all of those characters so much!
- Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer. This was such a surprise because I came in with no expectations whatsoever, and then I loved this series to bits.
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. Another great surprise – I can reread this book over and over again.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This was so, so brilliant. I am so glad I discovered this series!
- Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente. So good, it’s practically poetry.
- The Coldest Girl In Coldtown by Holly Black. If there’s anyone who can trump the vampire cliche, it’s Holly, and Coldest Girl was all that I wanted and MORE.
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. So, so good – I loved Anna, and Girl of Nightmares was just as good.
- The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I’m not really into historical fiction, but The White Queen was written really well. It was great!