Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I was super excited to see this on the Top Ten Tuesday list because it combines two of my favourite things: books and travel. Well, books and wishing I could travel. One thing I look for in a book is an enchanting setting. Here are ten places books have made me want to visit.
- Venice. The city of canals has been at the top of my to-visit list since I was nine, thanks to City of Masks and The Thief Lord, along with dozens of books over the years.
- Prague. The beautiful setting of the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series. Must visit.
- Barcelona. All due to The Angel’s Game.
- Ancelstierre, from the Abhorsen series.
- Ravka from the Grisha trilogy. My less-than-appreciative feelings for the books notwithstanding.
- Ingary from the Howl’s Moving Castle series.
- The Inkworld, from Inkworld.
- Braavos from A Song of Ice and Fire. I guess you know my fetish for river-cities now.
- Kenettra from The Young Elites. Or you know what, that entire world.
- The entire world of the Gentleman Bastard series. In fact, if that world could be condensed into a human being, I’d marry it.
What are some places books have inspired you to put on your list of destinations?