Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Whoo. Another year comes to an end. It’s going to be awfully hard to pick just ten, but here are my favourite reads of the year.
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski. Mindblown. Read my review here.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu. All that I was expecting and more! Read my review here.
- Unteachable by Leah Raeder. If Colleen Hoover’s Slammed left you a little wanting, read this. If you loved Dahlia Adler’s Last Will and Testament, read this. Basically, read this.
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I’m convinced that Scott Lynch is a genius. Or a criminal mastermind. Read my review here.
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Basically a masterpiece that takes the overdone android cliché and makes it beautiful. Read my review here.
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Mindblowing, gripping. A definite must-read.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab. So, so good. I loved this one.
- The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen. A perfect mix of intrigue and deceit. Read my review here.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. Witty, funny, and so amazing. Read my review here.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. People who’ve watched the movie without reading the book: I feel so bad for you. Flynn is a genius at building up suspense and unravelling mysteries. Another mindblowing read.
What are your favourite books of this year?