Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This is basically my favourite kind of top ten. Debuts! Here are the debuts I am (and you should be) looking out for this brand spanking new year.
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury. See my WoW about it here.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I need this book like I need air. Read about it here.
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. Definitely sounds different from anything I’ve ever read before.
- Even When You Lie To Me by Jessica Alcott. I’m starting to think my liking for student-teacher books is unhealthy.
- Lock & Mori by Heather Petty. Such a mindblowing concept – need.
- Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein. Maybe I need to cut down on the high fantasy a little, and hopefully contemporary fantasies like these will help.
- The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker. Witches! Witch-hunting! Bring it on!
- The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray. As soon as I saw ‘Firebird’ I knew I needed this.
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley. I don’t even know what genre this is, but so many of my GR friends loved it.
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes. This sounds so terrifying, and it’s a fairytale retelling. Want!
What debuts are you watching this year?