Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This needed to be done! I love books that make me gasp out loud at the plot twists/reveals, and no books seem to do that better than ones involving heists or cons. Some of my favourite books have kickass thieves or con artists as their protagonists, and I just had to share ’em with you. Unfortunately, I couldn’t come up with more than five, but they’re awesome enough anyway!
- The Curse Workers by Holly Black. Not only are these people con artists, they’re magical con artists. You need to read this series.
- Gentleman Bastard by Scott Lynch. I cannot talk this series up enough. I mean, high fantasy criminals! And the plot is always so clever, constantly keeping you guessing.
- Arcadia by Kai Meyer. These books are about the Sicilian mob… who are also shapeshifters. I adore them!
- Heist Society by Ally Carter. Ally’s novels are always super fun, and Heist Society is no exception. The characters take badass thieves to a new level.
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Uh, no regrets. Young criminal masterminds? Yes, please.