Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This is a really, really hard question. And having to pick only ten? I’m going to leave out JKR and GRRM because that’s obvious. In no particular order…
- Marie Lu. Because I need to look her in the eye and ask why her endings are so heartwrenching. Why, Marie, why?!
- Susan Dennard. I know, I haven’t read a single book of hers yet, but I really need to thank this amazing author for all the writing advice she shares online!
- Maggie Stiefvater. Because it’s time to investigate how so much talent fits in one person.
- Gillian Flynn. So I could ask her the ultimate question – how on earth did you come up with that?!
- Mary Hoffman. I would literally beg her to write more Stravaganza books because I am so not ready for that series to be over.
- Ally Carter. Because I need to know Hale’s real name, duh.
- Catherynne Valente. Because I adore her books and I’d love to talk about them with her… but I’d probably dissolve into a blubbering mess.
- Laini Taylor. I can see it in my mind: me, in front of her, going, “PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO WRITE LIKE A GODDESS!”
- Scott Lynch. Because he’s hilarious, seriously.
- Sarah Rees Brennan. Because who wouldn’t want to meet this hilarious woman?
What authors are you dying to meet?