Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Hello, hello, hello, am I glad to be back. My reading’s been a bit slow for a while (thanks, SAT) so here are the last five books I borrowed or bought.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I picked this one up after we did a couple of Ted Hughes’s poems in my lit class, and hooooo I wish I’d read Plath before! I’m reading The Bell Jar right now and it’s absolutely breathtaking.
- Dare Me by Megan Abbott. As you might’ve noticed, Dare Me is my must-read for July, because I finally understand what all the hype was about. Seriously. Go read it, it’ll rock your socks off.
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R. R. Martin. Because, let’s face it, everyone needs some pre-A Game of Thrones fun in their lives.
- The House That BJ Built by Anuja Chauhan. I mean, give me all the Thakur girls.
- Dangerous Women, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois. There were some seriously good stories in there – more on them later.
What were the last couple of books you borrowed or bought