Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Everyone has those authors whose work they’d read even if it were a grocery list or Twilight fanfiction, be honest. Here are my top ten auto-buy authors!
- J.K. Rowling. Do I need to justify this?
- Maggie Stiefvater. The Stief knows her stuff – as an author of speculative fiction, she’s an absolute goddess. Her novels are always A+ (we don’t talk about Shiver) and I can always count on her to give me all the feelings.
- Marie Lu. She’s so amazingly readable, honestly, it’s impossible not to devour her books the moment they release.
- Kara Taylor. She’s pretty much converted me into her minion. I heard she’s co-writing a TV series; guess who’s definitely going to watch that?
- Gillian Flynn. Question: will there ever be a Gillian Flynn book that I don’t adore for its creepiness? Doubtful.
- Marissa Meyer. Marissa is just one of those authors I have the utmost faith in. Literally, I never doubt her ability to live up to my expectations – and she always does!
- Laini Taylor. Give me all of that lyrical prose, yes!
- Scott Lynch. I love him ever so much.
- Ally Carter. Even if her books sometimes disappoint me, the good definitely outweighs the bad.
- Rick Riordan. Look, it’s my childhood, all right? Fight me.
Which authors do you always keep an eye out for?