Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
There are always those characters that just don’t work for me – and more often than not they’re the characters everyone else loved. Oops. Warning: this list may contain your faves alongside my snark.
- Chaol and Celaena from Throne of Glass. Yeah, okay, please don’t spear me. I swear this is not because I went into the series as a hardcore Dorian/Celaena shipper
and came out an embittered woman. I just do not get the hype with Chaol. And Celaena… let’s just say I was tempted to skip to Manon’s chapters several hundred times.
- Alina and Mal from the Grisha trilogy. I could not stand either of them. I dislike them so much, they deserve each other. *grinds teeth*
- Jonas from Falling Kingdoms. Everyone in the story is all, oh, Jonas, ever so charismatic, such a natural leader! And I’m just here trying to cover my grimace.
- Mare from Red Queen. I’ve talked about how Mare was extremely confusing with me – sometimes I was nodding in approval, sometimes I was just cringing. On the whole, Mare and I are just not meant to be friends.
- Holder from Hopeless. Again, hold up on the spears. Other reviewers have already talked about his not-so-secret jerk side; he never sat well with me, even before I read those reviews and thought about it myself.
- Feyre and Tamlin from A Court of Thorns and Roses. Ha, I’m really alienating Sarah J. Maas fans right now. But it was only my interest in the setting that led me to finish this book; the two leads were just not for me.
- Alyssa from Splintered. I’m going to go with Alyssa and not Jeb, because I loathed him, whereas I couldn’t get myself to feel for her.
- Juliette from Shatter Me. The reason I stopped reading this series is that I wasn’t at all invested in her.
- Finnikin from the Lumatere Chronicles. I spent most of my time reading this book being extremely sceptical of Finnikin, and I never really cared for him.
- Noah from I’ll Give You The Sun. I don’t know what it was about his internal monologue that turned me off him, but there was something.
Which characters just didn’t work for you?