Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
2015 brought with it loads of amazing reads, and many authors I’d never read before. Here are my favourites!
- Naomi Novik (Uprooted). Uprooted was possibly my favourite read this whole year; I’d heard of Naomi Novik’s Temeraire books before, but I never gave her a try until now.
- Noelle Stevenson (Nimona). Apparently Nimona was all the rage online for a long time, but I didn’t hear of it until very recently, after which I read the one-chapter preview. Of course, I dropped everything and raced to get it. And you should too.
- Jennifer Lynn Barnes (The Fixer). I’d been on the fence about whether or not I should read her first series, The Naturals. But now that I loved The Fixer, I’ll totally give it a shot.
- Courtney Summers (Cracked Up To Be & All The Rage). I read two Courtney Summers books this year, and I really wish I’d read her stuff before! Her writing is so raw and unafraid.
- Anuja Chauhan (Those Pricey Thakur Girls). Listen, I don’t care if you’re not Indian and you won’t get half the desi jokes in this book, you need to read Anuja Chauhan’s novels. I binge-read three of them this year.
- Joe Abercrombie (Shattered Sea series). OK, the last book of this series was a bit of a disappointment. But Joe Abercrombie’s fantasy novels are absolutely brilliant, and I’m so glad I picked them up.
- Kara Taylor (Prep School Confidential series). Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis is tired of my harping about how great Kara Taylor’s books are.
- Tana French (Dublin Murder Squad series). Even if the last mystery novel you read was an Agatha Christie two years ago, I promise you that you’ll love Tana French as much as I did.
- Morgan Matson (Since You’ve Been Gone & Second Chance Summer). The latter was…unremarkable, but Since You’ve Been Gone was such an amazing read!
- Barry Lyga (I Hunt Killers). I’m so glad I picked up this book, because boy, can Barry Lyga tell a (creepy, psychological, super-disturbing) story!
Which new authors did you discover and love this year?