Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I mean, the day is overrated, right? Read something that’s totally not mushy so that you can scoff at love!
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. If you haven’t read this absolutely mindblowing thriller…have you been living under a rock? Something isn’t right in Nick and Amy’s marriage, and when she disappears, the horrific truth unravels before the reader’s eyes.
- The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Who needs love when you can have some fabulous friendships and a twisty, breathtaking mystery?
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl. Who needs rom-coms when you can read about the creepy director of creepy horror movies, and a journalist obsessed with unmasking him?
- The Secret Place by Tana French. Picturesque boarding schools? Young love? Ha, you thought wrong!
- Wicked Games by Sean Olin. Teen love turns into something dark and dangerous.
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. Twisty friendships and twisty relationships at the heart of a murder investigation!
- Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris. Past and present of an old boys’ boarding school start to collide.
- The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter. Deliciously creepy fairytale retellings and evocative prose.
- Faithful Place by Tana French. A girl from a detective’s past is found decades after her disappearance, dead. What went wrong?
- Dare Me by Megan Abbott. A cutthroat cheerleading team gets a new coach, and everything changes.
What unsentimental reads will you be checking out this Valentine’s Day?